04 December 2008

Falling in Love.

About a week ago, I went to Turner Hall Ballroom to see the Made in Milwaukee show. November 22, 2008. There were a bunch of performances. Of course, one of my favorites, the Rusty P's. God, I love their stuff. Great beat, great lyrics, great energy. I never bore of them and they always get me moving.
The main performance was Brother Ali. I had never heard of him, really. Except for this event. I was absolutely blown away. Completely. You know, the kind of wave of energy, where you can't stop gawking, then smiling, then giggling, then nodding in agreement. What power. The beats just taking control of my every movement. He just took over. It was like falling in love...instantly. I've felt this before at a show. It was Def Harmonic. Many, many moons ago. I hadn't heard of them either. But once Leah started singing, my mouth just dropped. Then my body started moving, then I started smiling. I thought, this is love, for sure. You must know what I'm talking about. For me, it doesn't happen often.
Maybe you'll feel the same thing. If you want to hear some of his music and an interview with him by Tarik Moody...http://blog.radiomilwaukee.org.

1 comment:

the larsons said...

Michelle, I'm so glad you decided to listen to me for once. ;-) You're an excellent writer and a lot of fun to read. Hopeless romantics tend to be the best bloggers, because they usually have some drama or something to get excited about. Love that photo of the state park. Marian and I took a day trip there once, but it was too snowy to really go hiking, and we almost got run over by a XX skier. (The XX stands for cross-country. ?$#$% stands for "em-er-effin!") I will follow your blog religiously!