17 August 2010

My trip to Lion's Den Gorge, aka, heaven.

Another wonderful adventure on my bike. I'm loving that my boyfriend is the one who suggested it! We were a little flipped out about that last trail ride, but the weather has been so gorgeous and our schedules were free...so we headed north to the bluffs.
When we hiked through the gorge earlier in the summer, we noticed all the signs for the trails. We didn't walk them because there were so many mosquitoes. It was our thought to return.
The trails are layered with wood chips that have been pushed down from use. There were about 4 different paths. Some of them had wood chips freshly laid down, which made it more challenging to bike over, but still so very beautiful. The cool part about these trails is they were free of obstacles, so you could truly observe the nature around you. At times you'd be right along the bluffs and had an spectacular view of the lake. Other parts were deeper in the greenery. I really felt like I had reached my personal heaven. I couldn't stop smiling and giggling to myself. It was so peacful...with the crunching under the bike tires and the evening sun shining through the trees, creating all sorts of patterns throughout the wooded area.
It really raised my spirits and I slept like a baby. Next trip, we're going to head out early in the morning...I can't wait!

No comments: