30 July 2010

Days of our Lives.

I am amazed at how quickly the days go by.
In this instance, I want the next few days to go by as quickly as possible. About 45 days ago, I made the decision to move away from my roommate...an illness that I needed to rid myself of. It's been a long time coming and now here we are, just days away from no longer having that negative energy in my home.
It couldn't have worked out better for me. I'm actually staying and my boyfriend is moving in. So, I really made out on this deal. I do empathize with my soon to be ex-roommate. She has so much shit to move. And I know that she wasn't happy with our living situation either. The only difference is that she tried to change me instead of changing her situation for herself.
This whole experience has made me realize just how important good communication skills are. Our whole social experience can be made or unmade by our communication techniques.
I'm excited to be comfortable in my intimate arena. I'm excited to create a peaceful space with my boyfriend. I'm really happy about the days to come. I just hope I can get through the next few unscathed.

2 comments:

Chester Riddles said...

I wish you well and cant wait to hang at your digs when you are free and clear. Glad I could help get you writing again.

shelli said...

Thanks Olaf...I'm excited for the days to come...